Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sunshine State---Oh really?

I am so glad  I live in the Sunshine state where it is lovely, warm winters. (Well, I WAS.) What happened?  We've had more cool (if not cold) days than warm ones this year.  Last year wasn't so dandy either.  Growing up in the Ohio Valley I thought all winter days were supposed to be gray until I moved to Texas and then finally after another gloomy period in the Midwest finally arrived in South Florida.

If you read my profile, you know how I feel about this. 

Sweaters in the house have been the norm this year.  Thermostat is set on "heat" rather than "cool", just waiting to kick on when it gets to the uncomfortable stage.  If we are going to have gloom and no sunshine, I'd just as soon have some real snow to go with it.  Certainly won't happen here, but a girl can wish.  I LOVED snow days.

I'm sure my northern friends, are saying, "you're nuts.  You just don't remember!"  But I loved the peaceful look of fresh-fallen snow and the hot chocolate by the fire, good books, popcorn.  Sledding, snowman building, snowball fights were the sparkle of winter days. 

Where is it here?  Can anybody tell me?  And, "Al, care to explain this 'global warming' ?"

Guess I'll just keep my eyes away from the window and find a good book and pretend!

2 comments:

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

Snow? What is snow, mother? Never heard of it. ;)

I agree, this cloudy, cold, gloomy bit has got. to. go.

It's cramping my tan.

Karen said...

We've got your snow!! Plenty I think this year. It is fun, but the newness has worn off. However, along with the snow is the cold and dreary days. Very few partly sunny days lately. It's sad when you walk outside and the upper 30's feels warm. NEVER did I think I would adjust to cold weather. Wish you were here to have fun in the snow with us.