Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blogger's Lament

It seems I spend more time reading other people's blogs these days than writing on my own.  Actually I have written some "stuff" that is archived but not posted yet but I really want to get serious about this writing.  I have friends who have bugged me for years to write.


Thoughts go in and out of my brain so fast I think I'm going to pass out from dizziness.  So much I want to write, then the negative vibes hit me.  Whenever I walk into a bookstore, I see so many books it is overwhelming.  Amazingly, I never hesitate to buy another, but then I think, why does the world need another one. And would anybody read what I wrote? 


So I'm working on myself by trying to rework the tapes playing in my head.  As I said, I can read, read, read everyone else's books, but writing my own....  Well that is another story!  Ha!  Maybe that could be a story in itself. 

Can anybody relate?  Am I in this dilemma all by myself?

3 comments:

Karen said...

I've heard that from others. Actually people who have overcome that and have since become published authors. You have NOTHING to fear! You have a natural talent. If you submit something and are turned down, you just pick yourself up and try again. You have to believe in yourself and use your talents that God gave you. Don't let Satan take your thoughts captive about yourself! The little bit you've shown me... GREAT stuff! Now, get to posting!

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

Can I just say "Ditto"???

Go for it, Mom. Maybe your book would take the place of a trashy novel. The world needs YOUR books, not those. ;)

Pray about it.

I can tell you you'll never PUBLISH a book, if you don't WRITE one first.

Becky said...

Thank you, my sweet girls, for your word of encouragement. I just need to do it! You're right, if I don't write it, it can't be published. Yesterday I talked with a lady who just published her book. She had the same fears and she was thanking me for a conversation we had a few months ago in which I encouraged her to get moving. Now her book will be coming out in a few months. Hmmmm....