Monday, January 3, 2011

COAST

COAST---that's my theme for 2011.  Sounds like a year to take it easy and do nothing, right?  Not at all. Quite the contrary.  For some time now I have wanted to tackle closets, drawers, uh, yes, the garage AGAIN and clean out.  I can't believe how quickly things accumulate over the years. 

When we moved into this newest house eight years ago, we dumped a lot of stuff of twenty-four years of accumulation in the previous house.  Now, here we are again. Time to clean out!  I have a friend who has a habit that if she buys something new, something has to go out.  Sounds easy, hard to follow--at least for me it is.  So this year I'm starting fresh on this January day, dreary one I might add.  What better thing to do than to begin the process of Cleaning Out.  That's the C-O of my theme.

You are asking and what does "coast" mean?

The rest is AND SIMPLIFY THINGS. 

Now that's the real kicker for me.  I just know that I want a more simple, tranquil lifestyle of my own.  Not that I can change the world or anything going on in it, but more my own personal habits and schedules, I want to "simply simplify".  Anyone else out there on board with me?  I know people who live with so little and are happy as clams.  Certainly a lot less to maintain---you know---cleaning, dusting, repairing and the like.  And schedules, that is one that really needs a lot of direction, prayer, and determination not to overcrowd our lives with busyness but to spend more time with friends, family and making new ones. 

So time to get off this computer and open a drawer, closet or something.  Where do I start?  Gee, I see plenty just in this room.  So COAST I will, starting today. 

 Clean Out And Simplify Things

4 comments:

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

When you're done, COAST on over to my house. You don't have to go very far! ;)

I'm on board...if I can just find the time! Ummm...does that negate the theme?

RoamingKnitter said...

We cleaned out when we moved into our motorhome, then again in Oct when we moved into the trailer. Stuff just has to be magnetic and stick to us. Good luck on cleaning out and COASTing.

Karen said...

It's a wonderful feeling! I have more COASTing to do, but the big dent I made is so freeing! You can do it. If it's something that wants to cling to you when you try to get rid of it... snap a picture! You will love the feeling once it's all done. Trust me!

Becky said...

I'm COASTing today! Making some progress. No blog time left for today! Just enjoyed checking my girls' blogs---they are such great writers of fun things about my grandkids. Need to go clean out a drawer!