Again, I am terribly behind in my blogging and had vowed at the outset of this year to do better. Time has not permitted, but now it is a lazy Sunday afternoon----wow, one I haven't experienced in quite a while, so I can catch up on a few thoughts. Bob and I are sitting side-by-side with our laptops and while he works, I'm blogging. We are vacationing, as least I am, in the panhandle of Florida. He's working on a resolution for his job that has to be emailed to his office in the morning, then he will vacation. Anyway, we arrived late Friday night and yesterday was warm and sunny until about noon. Since then it has been cold and rainy---story of our lives. But, despite the gray skies, we had fun catching up with old friends at their church this morning and having lunch with them.
One of the things I wanted to tell about, I find Karen has already posted on her blog. Since I can't find my camera cord to retrieve my pictures (hmmm, guess it is at home) you can go to her site and read about it. The post is "Made with Love". If you haven't been on her blog you might enjoy reading about the gift along with other things she writes about (especially my adorable grandsons). Her blog is www.boysrusfamily.blogspot.com.
After a few days here (Bob decided before we left) that we are halfway to Texas so we are headed there to visit his mom and his siblings. It won't be too far going, it is coming back that I am not looking forward to, but it will be worth the trip. His mom just turned 89 last week and we are eager to see her again.
Well, my blogger friends, I asked you in December to pray for Brian in the loss of his job. I would ask you to double up your prayers to include Allison, who, as of last Thursday, lost her job too. Bankruptcies, downsizing, the whole economic scenario has had big impact on many American families. We are praying for the Lord's direction for them and their abilitiy to support their family.
I'm stopping here for now and will try to find my cord or be creative about getting my pictures on this site. This is my second attempt at THIS post since something failed when I posted the first time---only half the paragraph posted. Who are these little computer gremlins who mess up my writing?
Oh, and yes, "24" starts tonight. About time!! No more writer strikes please!!.
1 comment:
Great to see that you are back on here and catching up! Hope you all are enjoying your vacation. You all need to relax! Love you,
Karen
Post a Comment