Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Wait for the Lord

God's timing is amazing---sometimes incredible, surprising, or sometimes just plain amusing to me anyway. Some time ago I added the verse-a-day to my blog and today's verse from Psalm 27:14 is a special one for me. It was a very dark day in my life some years ago that the Lord revealed that verse to me and it has become one of my favorites and one I live by. Today is no exception. News of my son's employment ending has been anticipated for a few weeks. However, last night after the day's work, employees were told no longer to report for work. Doors are closed. There are no paychecks coming and personal effects couldn't even be obtained from their offices. Not something anyone wants to face but especially at this time of year. I know he is not alone in this mess as many are facing similar experiences all over the country. I also know that he is not alone----because God is still there. HE has some more in store for him and others. His timing is never ours and often not to our liking but we must learn always to wait for the Lord. Henry Blackaby, author of Experiencing God, declares that God is never late in his timing. His wife, Marilyn, is quoted as reminding him that God is never early either. (Smile!) That is where our patience comes into play. We work, we pray, and continue to seek Him and He will provide. I find it "amusing" that God reminded me today with that same verse that helped me through a difficult time long ago. Wait patiently on the Lord.

No comments: