Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Random Thoughts---Again

Where does time go? Life just seems to be flying by and there is far more to do than I can ever accomplish. My grandmother used to say, "The trouble with life is that it's so daily." Very true---glad that it is, but then it would be nice to have a break where time stood still and I could catch up. Safe to say that won't ever happen! Nevertheless I wish things could just slow down a little. Will life ever get back to normal---and then, what is normal anymore?

Hard to believe that I have now spent half of my life in South Florida. When we moved here many years ago, friends told us we would last about two years and we would be moving back to where we came from. Guess that isn't going to happen either. In our plans this year or maybe even last would have been retirement year. But....I don't need to explain why that hasn't take place in this economic period of history. So, on we toil, waiting until God says, "Go." When he says go He will also need to say "where". We don't have the slightest idea of where to go IF we do decide to leave our present home. The pull is somewhere that we can enjoy four seasons a little more, without the bitterness of cold and snow. Pretty to look at as long as I am inside a warm house, by the fireplace, book in hand and a nice cup of hot chocolate. Other than that scenario, I am not interested in shoveling or driving in snow.

Then there are the children and grandchildren. I cannot imagine not living near one or more of their families. We enjoy their company so much and watching the little ones grow and gain new talents and interests. So daily we pray and ask for God's direction for all of us.

Okay, my brain has come to a halt here. The random thoughts have taken leave. I am still recovering from very little sleep last night after the crash of my main computer. So here at the laptop I sit and wanting to catch up on my blogging and lamenting the loss of many files that I still hope possibly to recover. So for now...thanks for reading. I plan to do this more frequently and be more specific because there are so many things I want to write about. As I said, there are much things I want to accomplish. I plan to live to at least 100 to finish most of them. Then someone else can carry the torch.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Oh, life. It's daily alright. I just try to get by one day at a time anyway. Never look to far ahead b/c I'm so busy IN the moment. I have lots of plans, too. Too many to count. I either need to let some things go or drink more coffee. :)