Wednesday, February 11, 2009

P U

I thought I had experienced a number of weird circumstances in my life, but the ordeal my daughter and her family are going through this week is surreal. If you have ever run over a skunk on a roadside and smelled that atrocious odor you have an inkling of what I am about to tell you. Last week on two separate nights, skunks have somehow invaded their house. The second episode was the final straw---both times the invasion happened in the middle of the night. You can read her stories firsthand on her blog http://www.boysrusfamily.blogspot.com/. At first reading it seems comical and I even left a comment on her site that it had the makings for a funny movie. After hearing about the upheaval in their lives I have totally reconsidered any humor in the situation. They have had to vacate their house because of the horrific odor that has literally saturated everything in their house. A wild animal control service has come to the scene and set traps and will survey the situation this week until they can go into the air ducts and see what can be done. Basically everything is unusable at this point---much like being burned out of your house except it is all still intact. And yes, the insurance company will not pay for any of this. Karen and family are staying with neighbors at the moment but the future is uncertain. Clothing, furniture, food, carpet, all personal items and even their computer, her purse are wreaking with the skunk oil smell. Yikes---tornadoes, fires, floods, and all such disasters have done irreparable damage to many homes in this country but whoever thought SKUNKS could have such effect. Stay tuned for the outcome of this mess.

No comments: