Tuesday, September 23, 2008
The good, the bad, the ugly!
This is it---the last of a three-part series in the saga of the Hydrox! The good---that nice manager so taken by my quest for Hydrox actually called me yesterday that he did indeed have more Hydrox in the back. Why the back? And not out on the shelf for all to see? The bad---he only had twelve packages. I went today and bought--are you ready?---six of them. I know, Jason, you are scratching your head!! Anyway, I will stash them away and ration them out because the UGLY part is that there will be no more, according to the manager. What company takes away a favorite product for years and then tantalizes the public with a few packages on the shelf for a short period of time and then removes them again. Go figure, is all I can say. Meanwhile, if anyone wants to do the Hydrox test---come on over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I can't believe you only bought 6! I am glad the manager found out so that you aren't left hanging. Since we can't hop on over for the taste test, hang on to a bag until we see you again. I know Jason is curious. Nathan and Ryan really won't care, but would love to have a cookie from Grandmommy!
The manager did say he'd hold the rest of them for me. I guess he thinks no one else will buy them or else he just really feels sorry for me!
You mean you would actually dare to buy a package of Oreos to do a comparison test? :)
That is absurd - about them only being out for a couple of weeks!!!! Retards...all I have to say.
Yeah, he probably just feels sorry for you.
They'll probably be stale before you eat them all. Think he'd give you a bulk rate? :) ROTFL!!!!!
Rolling on the floor Laughing? It isn't funny. And no, I don't have to buy Oreos to compare. I remember that burnt, dirt taste. The packages will freeze nicely if they stay around that long. And if Jason doesn't harrass me he might get a whole package for his birthday!!
I was going to post on the last entry, but didn't want to dilute it between this one and that one.
I'm quite certain the manager felt sorry for you. Much in the same way you feel sorry for someone who believes that Elvis is still alive or that we didn't actually land on the moon. It is good that he followed through on his promise to call you back. Probably out of fear that this deranged woman with snack food OCD might find out where he lives and slash his tires if he didn't produce her treasured hockey pucks with caulk in the middle.
Although, the reason for the short lived resurgence of the, er, um,...cookie, is easy to explain. These 12 bags fell behind a shelf in the stock room between April and July of 1972 and, since no one ever asked for more (with good reason), no one missed them until they were mistaken for dust piles.
Seriously, to each his own. I love you, Becky, or I wouldn't kid you about it. I'll take the challenge, but won't promise anything. However, Publix brand "Oreos" aren't bad.
Post a Comment