Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Shopping

Whoa---the last day of this month and my first post for the month. It had been so long I couldn't remember my password to sign on. Well, if you must know, I've been too busy shopping; yes, shopping but not buying. In a few days we are leaving for my hometown and going to the 100th anniversary of the church of my childhood. Naturally I'd like something new to wear, not like anyone there has seen anything I've worn recently, but I'll feel better in something new. Or at least I thought I would. Did anybody tell the designers of the clothes this year that all women are not 25 years old and do not have hourglass figures? Nor do we want to show all of our arms and shoulders. I think someone made one pattern and found forty splashy fabrics and sent it all to China. Hence the great cookie cutter dress! Something I have always had a problem with. When I was a child most of my clothes were handmade by my mother---I thought we were too poor to shop for ready-mades and often felt out of the loop (not what I called it then). Now I relish the idea of having something unique, but I'm too tired to sew it myself. Been there, done that too. Oh well, guess I'll make do with the same old dress with new accessories---those do fit. Or find a new one and go looking like Charo! Will let you know about the event---that is what I'm looking forward to, regardless of what I wear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I get an AMEN!!! What is up with the cookie cutter dress?? I don't care for shopping anymore, it's not fun! Every now and then I come across something that is decent, but it is time consuming for sure! Can't wait to see you, no matter what you wear!!

Anonymous said...

Mom, you should let everyone know you did finally find TWO cute dresses..stylish and trendy...you looked great in them when you came over to get my thumbs up or down! :)
-Gail