My “sophisticated” daughter challenged me, along with many other of her blog followers, to do this blog post. Check it out on http://www.sophisticatedsteps.blogspot.com (February 29, guess she had to use her extra day for something). NOT NOW, please, but later, after you’ve read my ramblings. She posed many questions to her followers for a blog post after she answered her own. Stay here. I know you are tempted, but read that later. I want you to find out more about me—my likes, dislikes, quirks, and wonderful qualities. (Hiding my face.) I am brave enough to hear your feedback, so don’t forget to leave me your comments. After all, I don’t like writing to cyberspace. I want to know that real people read this and I want to read your responses. So here goes! Grab a cup of tea (not coffee---you’ll understand later) and prepare to waste a few minutes and read my expose. (Ahhhh.)
HERE ARE HER QUESTIONS FOR ME.
1.If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I’ve lived in four states—Kentucky, Texas, Kansas, and Florida. Most people work all their lives to retire to Florida. I got here when I was 32 and have been here ever since. So why should I want to live anywhere else? UHHH—I could give you a thousand reasons. As they say, “it’s a beautiful place but I wouldn’t want to live there.” But I do! Enough about that. Colorado would be a great place for the beauty. New England has its own charm and beauty too. If I could be unrealistic, I think the Caribbean area of the Virgin Islands would be superb. I’ve visited several places and loved it. Living there might be another thing.
2. What's the nicest thing someone has ever said to you (or complimented you on)?
I’m old enough that there should be many things in my mind. Maybe that’s the problem---I don’t remember them. Ha! Ha! But recently a young man in his thirties said to my husband and me —“You are the youngest ‘old’ couple I know.” He said that with a big smile on his face and I KNOW he meant it as a compliment and we certainly accepted it as one. I’m glad we aren’t seen as old geezers, at least by him. Yes, I thought someone in their sixties was old when I was 30, but today---60 is not old. Old is ten years older than you are! That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Gee---sounds like a nice blog title.
3. What's your biggest pet peeve?
Funny you should ask! I actually have a list on my computer of those. I keep all sorts of things on file for just such occasions as this. (I’ll be right back after I check out that file.)
Hello again! Here they are in list form as I told you I had:
1. Misspelled words.
2. People who don’t know the rules of a 4-way stop.
3. Cell phones in church (especially weddings and funerals).
4. Stupid people, rude people, selfish people---you get the point.
I’ll just leave it at this---after all that is stuff for a future blog post when I can devote more time to each subject. I could write a book!!
4. What's your best and worst quality (if you'll admit it – ha!) ?
Well, since you asked. Humility is my greatest virtue!! JUST KIDDING.!! Very old joke, just could not resist. But actually I do think my humor (notice I said “I THINK” my humor is a good quality). I couldn’t live without it and I certainly had little choice coming from the family I did. My father rarely said anything without a pun or some humorous nuance to his statement. My poor ENGLISH mother would just say, “Can’t you ever just give me a straight answer”? She meant my dad, but it also applied to me later on. And my brother was the King of Puns---that too could fill a volume of an encyclopedia. He even invented his own language that he and his friend spoke to annoy little ol’ ladies on the party line. Yeah, most of you are saying---PARTY LINE? What in the world is she talking about? Google it!
Worst quality—I can’t think of any. Well, you did say, if I would admit it. I’m afraid there are many but I don’t want to point them out to you, in case you haven’t seen them. That, my friends, is between me and my Lord. And I do pray that He removes the bad qualities so I will be a better person in this crazy world we live in.
5. Coffee or tea? And what do you put in it?
What a question! Haven’t drunk coffee in 35 years. I do love the smell but the coffee itself tears my stomach apart, not worth it. I’ve tried it twice in the intermittent years---no change. TEA is the love drink of my life. I have great affection for tea for many reasons---all a subject for another blog post of its own someday. I love all kinds of tea and I put NOTHING in it. It would ruin the wonderful taste of the most delightful beverage.
6. Would you rather go out dancing or see a movie?
Dancing, you say? Remember this is a preacher’s daughter from the 50’s. I didn’t get that privilege (much to my chagrin) and I’d fall all over myself trying. I really wish I were a good dancer and could keep up with my daughters. Hmmm, there again, I have a LIST (yes, I am a type A list maker) of things I still want to accomplish. I have often said that I need to live to be 120 to do all the things I want to do. But to date---I’d have to say that I cherish my family and the wonderful adults that they have become and the beautiful children that they have produced. I’m not talking about physical beauty (BUT THEY ARE---as seen through Grandmommy’s eyes) but I love their inner beauty. Each one of them has such a sweet loving spirit. Don’t misunderstand, they aren’t perfect and they can be stinkers when they want to be, but underneath it all they are BEAUTIFUL. And I want to leave a legacy that lets them know how much I love them and that God loves them even more.
8. What is your biggest goal/dream?Now that is a big question. Perhaps I am not the best dreamer and have learned to be TOO content with what I have and where I am. Not a bad thing, but I suppose I could dream more. I have been too practical all my life---sometimes of necessity. (Ask my son-in-law about that one! No---don’t. Private joke.) I really would like to be free to travel and do things that I really want to do without being bound up by so many schedules and obligations. Sometimes that is my own fault and something I am working on.
8. What is your biggest goal/dream?
9. What's your favorite song? And can you actually sing? ;)
Talk about lists!! I have so many favorite songs that I could not pick just one. SERIOUSLY. Music is my life and has been since I was a child. The hymns are my favorite because of the message in so many about God’s great love and sacrifice for us, His assurance and promises. Yes, I can sing them. I love the words and tunes. Does anyone want to hear me sing them? I doubt that seriously. I am not a soloist, but put me on a piano, organ or keyboard, I’ll play them all day long.
10. What is the messiest room in your house?
Now really---do you think any of my rooms are messy? Ok—watch out for the lightning rod. My guest room gets the “stuff” that I don’t know what to do with temporarily. Every few weeks I go in a straighten up and clear out. But please don’t open the closet!!
10. What is the messiest room in your house?
Now really---do you think any of my rooms are messy? Ok—watch out for the lightning rod. My guest room gets the “stuff” that I don’t know what to do with temporarily. Every few weeks I go in a straighten up and clear out. But please don’t open the closet!!
11. Why did you start a blog?
Sometimes I wonder! I started because my older daughter talked me into it suggested it. I do love to write and have been doing it since first grade (literally). I worked on all my school newspapers from grade school to high school. I wanted to major in journalism in college, but I took the practical route. I write “stuff” for my own enjoyment and ventilation. I try my hand at writing inspirational thoughts. I am presently writing my own life story and have even started a novel (some years ago---still to be completed). Now you see in part why I have to live to be 120. Back to my daughter, she thought it would be a good outlet for me and it has been. I enjoy doing it although I am not consistent in my schedule. That could be my greatest dream!! CONSISTENCY.
There you have it. The not-so-complete list of all the things you wanted to know about me. RIGHT! I just answered the questions given me. Now it's your turn. Start a blog if you don't have one. It's fun. Come back here for more---never know what you'll find. Until then, thanks for stopping by.
Becky
1 comment:
I am so glad your "sophisticated" daughter (um, not that the other one isn't!) passed this list on to you! ;) I loved it! Obviously, I knew much of it, but it was fun to read how you chose to answer and humorous, of course.
I think I need to give you another list...if it gets you blogging. ;)
Post a Comment