Coming to a crossroad. Another birthday approaching. Yikes! They surely seem to be coming faster. Not telling which one this is.
A new season in life is approaching, as well as in the calendar. Suddenly I feel this desire to travel a different path. Don't panic! I'm not going through a crisis, leaving my husband, running away or denouncing my faith. I've come this far on a great path with many ups and downs, but all the while knowing that God is there directing me. I may have taken some tangents, but I'm still on the main highway.
But for far too long, I've been in a rut. Maybe rut isn't the right word because I know God had me where I was for a reason. But now it's time. Needing a new venue, I am researching, praying and asking God, "What next?"
Service in the areas I've been in for a long time are changing. My heart is still in missions and always will be, but I know there is a new field for me to do that in.
As Jabez, said, "Enlarge my territory, Lord".
Okay, maybe I don't want anything larger (in fact less would be better), but definitely a new arena.
Sometimes I think I am spiritually deaf. Or is that I don't like change? Gets me!
But---there are people, people, people, everywhere I turn. Somehow I find myself wit
h the same few most of the time. SO---it is time---get out into the world. Rub some new shoulders. Bend some new ears.
And ask God, "WHAT NEXT"?
2 comments:
Hmmm. What IS next? Well, you're at least headed in the right direction since you're even asking that question at all.
By the way, can I still be one of the people you see? ;)
Sophisticated Steps
My motto has been make new friends, but keep the old; the one is silver and the other gold. Since gold falls in the "old" category (and with the price of gold these days) you are a keeper. Besides you are mine---what else would I do with you??? ;)
Post a Comment