Seems I spend the better part of my days lately just thinking and praying. Oh, I do get things done around the house but life seems particularly heavy recently. I try to just keep things to myself at times and pray about them, because no one likes to hear bad news all the time. But doing that isn't good for me. So here---I ventilate. If you dare to read on, and if you feel so inclined, you can add these items to your prayer list.
Hardly a day goes by that I don't hear about someone's struggle with health, family, finances, jobs, (and many times lately) the havoc of weather, or just life in general.
My list:
1. Longtime friend struggling with cancer and now a broken hip. How my heart goes out to her and her family who is caring for her. I miss her and so wish I could be there to help out.
2. Another friend who recently moved from here who is dealing with family situations of both personal, spiritual, and legal issues. I miss her too and the fun times we had.
3. Another friend who is going through some health issues but is enjoying watching the building of their long-awaited new house in the mountains.
4. A nearby friend who is contemplating retiring and moving soon. No, Lord, I don't need for another friend to move away.
5 Family members (both immediate and extended) who are going through struggles that I'll not mention here.
6.Our own decisions about our future---do we retire? do we stay here? do we go--if so, where?
Oh the list could go on and on, but you
"Lord, give me patience, and give it to me now". No, I must learn to wait on God and let Him do His work in His time. That's the tough part for me. Let me end this with a verse that has been a blessing to me for some years now.
I know there is victory in the waiting.Psalm 27:13-14 (New American Standard Bible
I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORDin the land of the living.Wait for the LORD;Be strong and let your heart take courage;Yes, wait for the LORD.
Please come back---I promise to write something much more cheerful, funny, or otherwise next time. Thanks for all my friends who do care and I know are praying with me.
1 comment:
You know I can't stay away. :)
Don't feel bad for sharing what's on your heart...sometimes you just need to.
God IS in control and he always has a plan.
Love you!
Post a Comment