My last blog post (October) ended with "let's see what happens in November". Well, that month came and went so quickly I never posted once during the whole month, and now it is December. I should be out shopping but the energy level is drooping and the brain is less willing.
Looking over the few blogs of the year, it has been a rough one. The emotions have been on a roller coaster ride with the lost of several close friends this year, two within a month; my dear friend, Kathryn, being the latest of this current run. How I miss talking to her, sharing our thoughts and ideas, getting the laughs and reminiscing over times gone by. Her stories were hilarious! There will never be another Kathryn. She is dancing in Heaven now and telling her stories to any who will listen I'm sure. My favorite thing she would tell me was what she wanted on her tombstone---"Leave her alone, she done what she could". Hmmm, I wonder---I'll have to go look one of these days.
For now, I think I'll just have a cup of tea and let the ol' brain rest. Stay tuned---someday I'll post some great pictures from our wonderful Colorado trip (whenever I get this computer fully functioning with all its programs, and needs-to-be-replaced printer and monitor. For the meantime things are only half working. Oh yes, we had a complete computer crash this summer. Timing was NOT good.
See ya.
2 comments:
You may be having a bad Fibro day, but somehow the "writing" part of your brain still allows you to express yourself very well. Always love to read your writing, Mom.
Love you.
And, I think all who knew Kathryn loved her, too. She was one special, special lady. We're better for having been a part of her life. :) But, she's better off now.
Somehow I find I can write on "bad" days. Expressing is easier than comprehending on those days. Weird. Guess I should just write a book and do nothing else.
Post a Comment