Monday, June 23, 2008

I Stand Amazed

Well, last month I promised to add more about my trip to Kentucky. Life got too busy for me ever since I came home. I still will add some pictures about that occasion but this morning I just want to write. In spite of everything around us that may not look like we wished it would, God is still with us and in control. All I can do is thank him for his blessings. Today is Jillian's second birthday---hard to believe---and her little sister will be arriving before we know it. Bob and I are so blessed with our three children and our six grandchildren whom we love to spend time with. The pricless words that come from their mouths and the big hugs warms our hearts. But most of all we are so thankful that our children and spouses know the Lord and are serving Him. That is the greatest blessing. Now we pray that for each of our grandchildren when the time comes for their understanding of Him. The older two have already invited Jesus into their hearts and at the appointed time will follow Him in baptism. Today I read Karen's blog about a local couple in her hometown who lost everything in a housefire. Everything material that is! What a blessing their testimony is of God's mercy and grace through their ordeal and their dependence on God. It only reassures me how MUCH God loves us all. It also reassures me of the young families in our country who do honor and serve Him. Thank you, God, for your love.

No comments: